Thursday, August 18, 2011

Voris is Making the Right Kinds of Enemies




Classic Villains Abound






.- Michael Voris, the founder and host of RealCatholicTV, says he was completely unaware of recently discovered troubles within his organization, involving a staff apologist's sexually explicit writings, and his nonprofit corporation's loss of legal status two years ago.

“I don't know what the issue is on any of this stuff,” said Voris, who is currently in Spain promoting his unofficial “No Bull in Madrid” meetings during World Youth Day.

Voris told CNA on August 16 that he had “no idea” his nonprofit corporation St. Micheal's Media had been automatically dissolved in 2009 after failing to file records with the state for two years. An official at the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs confirmed on August 10 that Voris' nonprofit was “no longer registered and in good standing with the State of Michigan.”

Update: even Deacon's Bench and the Anchoress are defending Voris and noting the timing of the news, coinciding with WYD in Spain.  But will Mark Shea be as sympathetic and understanding? [He's said he's addressing the issue on his blog, today.] There was also an apology posted at Deacon's Bench by Voris' Staff Apologist, Simon Rafe, on his Blog:

I regret writing the things in question and I have sought forgiveness in the sacrament of reconciliation. I humbly ask forgiveness from anyone who might have read the materials and been led to sin and those who are or were scandalized by reading them or hearing that I wrote them.

Although it is clearly the case writing material which is a near occasion of sin is wrong for any person, the matter of scandal is a serious one and I realize this. I apologize for having scandalized the faithful in any regard.

I do not, under any circumstances, seek to justify what I did or avoid responsibility. I did things which were wrong. I have done all in my power to rectify them (seeking forgiveness in confession, removing the material in question so it is not available for people to read and be tempted by). I did something which was wrong, and I am solely responsible for it.

H/t: Tom at AQ

No comments:

Post a Comment